From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Masking practics
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:28:01
1 On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 14:24 +0200, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 08 August 2006 22:36, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
3 > > > As an end user and also an administrator, I am very pleased to see
4 > > > this laid out so clearly. I mean, I knew it, but it seems like it
5 > > > needs to be yelled once in a while...
6 > >
7 > > hmm, now that I know of these flags, I can take a look at them
8 > > (although its not very comfortable having to look at those details).
9 > >
10 > > Yes, I could have read the whole docs to learn about this, but I never
11 > > expected such things. IMHO many people may get into such pitfalls.
12 >
13 > You're probably one of the new users of the installer. I knew that we
14 > shouldn't do that. The whole point of gentoo having (a reputation of having)
15 > good documentation is because people need it.
16
17 Alright, you seriously need to quit this sort of FUD. The Installer
18 really doesn't make it that much easier to install, it simply makes it
19 quicker. If you don't believe me, try following gli-bugs on bugzilla or
20 hanging out in #gentoo-installer for a while. Trying to blame one
21 user's refusal to read documentation on a project that you seem to know
22 little about does nothing to serve Gentoo.
25 Chris Gianelloni
26 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
27 x86 Architecture Team
28 Games - Developer