From: Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI 7 in Portage needs YOU!
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 02:30:32
1 On 2018-02-19 12:34 PM, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 >>>>>> On Mon, 19 Feb 2018, Michael Lienhardt wrote:
3 >
4 >>> 2. ||= (binding any-of) dep groups.
5 >
6 >> I don't understand what this group means, and the PMS-7 is
7 >> unclear as well: "binding-any-of A binding-any-of group, which
8 >> has the same format as the any-of group, but begins with the
9 >> string ||= instead." Is it a "or", like the "any-of" group, but
10 >> with a different behavior at compiling/linking time?
11 >
12 > It is explained in section 8.2.4:
13 > https://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/7-draft/pms.html#x1-800008.2.4
14 >
15 > Ulrich
19 Could we get some clarification/confirmation on this language?:
22 > In addition, for runtime dependencies, indicates that the package
23 > will break unless a matching package corresponding to the first
24 > immediate child element (in order of listing) installed as a
25 > build-time (DEPEND) dependency is available
28 ...if I am reading this right, this means that the list of atoms is
29 iterated through first->last, and as soon as one is found to be
30 available at build-time, it chosen as the one that this package is
31 bound to and after that the package will be considered broken if it
32 doesn't exist/is later removed?