From: Nirbheek Chauhan <nirbheek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: include dbus session handling in baselayout (or somewhere, in which case where?)
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2011 02:03:39
1 On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 3:41 AM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Saturday, April 30, 2011 12:20:15 Leho Kraav wrote:
3 >> /etc/profile.d/dbus-session.sh attached, looking for feedback about
4 >> problems with it and if the whole approach even makes sense. I might be
5 >> not knowing something important.
6 >
7 > i dont think this makes sense in baselayout.  it works great without dbus.
8 >
9 > doesnt the login manager already take care of launching a dbus-session ?
12 I believe the use-case is being able to control applications from the
13 VTs without having to launch a dbus session manually. Which should be
14 done via ~/.bashrc, to be honest. Makes no sense to have a global dbus
15 session, since it's supposed to be per-user.
18 ~Nirbheek Chauhan
19
20 Gentoo GNOME+Mozilla Team