From: Elfyn McBratney <elfyn.mcbratney@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-core] Re: [gentoo-dev] Global USE flags bite the dust...
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 10:21:19
1 Bah... this is really the last time I shall reply to myself!
2
3 > [...]
4 > On 06/09/06, Alin Nastac <mrness@g.o> wrote:
5 > > Doug Goldstein wrote:
6 > > > dba
7 > > > dio
8 > > > ingres
9 > > > msession
10 > > > mcve
11 > > >
12 > > > are all used by 1 ebuild... and that's dev-lang/php... they should be
13 > > > moved to local's.
14 > > >
15 > > Consequence: php eclasses code should be moved in dev-lang/php ebuild.
16 >
17 > Erm, and duplicate USE flag detection code (thinks conflicts that
18 > portage still cannot handle... sigh) in every PHP ebuilds? No thanks!
19 > Easing maintainability is a good thing, ya know :P
20
21 This is wrong. Regardless of local to global, and vice versa, this
22 will not change the USE flag conflict detection. However, some of
23 these flags are used elsewhere (as Stu has already noted), and I think
24 since they've been around a while, and can easily be used by other
25 new/old packages without changes to profiles/use.local.desc, they
26 should stay where they are (global).
27
28 Best,
29 Elfyn