From: Mart Raudsepp <leio@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for June 25
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 23:09:14
1 On E, 2009-06-22 at 21:23 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 22:13:31 +0200
3 > Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
4 > > | (so that certain people can't vote and discuss things based upon
5 > > | what they think the feature is without bothering to find out if it's
6 > > | anything to do with what they assume).
7 > >
8 > > Of course that's not desirable. But can you give a concrete example
9 > > where such a thing happened?
10 >
11 > Yup. Some of leio's huge drawn out objections to EAPI 3 that wasted
12 > huge amounts of my time were based upon him only having read the short
13 > name we chose for things.
14
15 Thanks for your very detailed concrete examples where such a thing
16 happened.
17 And I'm sorry to have wasted your precious time by doing the opposite of
18 what you claim here and still objecting to things that don't make sense.
19
20 Now lets get back to useful things, like giving "code names" that make
21 sense and don't need to be looked up with what is actually meant when
22 they are being referred to in short names.
26 Mart Raudsepp
27 Gentoo Developer
28 Mail: leio@g.o
29 Weblog: http://planet.gentoo.org/developers/leio