From: Sean Cull <code_monk@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] new to Gentoo
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 11:08:51
Hello everyone.

I had a few questions.... I have a fairly good working knowledge of Linux
(the basics anyway), setting up mail, X, etc. But I was curoius, can anyone
reccomend any good books? Any particular book that would be better to learn
some of the more advanced stuff? Reccomendations would be appreciated.

Also, when I'm booting Gentoo... I installed the ISO, followed all the
instructions on the website, but when Grub tries to boot, I end up at a Grub
prompt. However, I am able to boot if I manually type the following lines
below, the system boots fine. I'm just not sure where I went wrong with the
configuration of the Grub menu file.

root (hd0,0)
kernel /boot/bzImage root=/dev/hda3

I'm sorry if this is the wrong list to be posting in, but I figured it
definately wouldn't be wanted in gentoo-announce. =)

Thanks,
Sean Cull