From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: antarus@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] fix binary debug support, part elevenity billion + 1
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 13:13:13
1 On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 06:49:39 -0400
2 Alec Warner <antarus@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Mike Frysinger wrote:
5 > > On Wednesday 07 June 2006 19:12, Alec Warner wrote:
6 > >
7 > >>I would be more concerned with convincing the rest of the
8 > >>developers. adding crap in base profile.bashrc will affect 99% of
9 > >>users, so it better be friggin correct and useful, otherwise you
10 > >>will piss a ton of people off.
13 > > versus the people who are really annoyed that such support hasnt
14 > > yet been integrated into portage proper ?
15 > >
16 > > yes, from the portage side of things, it may be a pita to implement
17 > > per-package env ... but from the user side of things, it's a huge
18 > > help -mike
19 >
20 > My e-mail was basically worded as to say "Solar paste your crap to
21 > this ML." Is there any reason you need package.env in portage proper
22 > as opposed to bashrc?
25 I remember portage people asserting before that package.env tricks from
26 bashrc don't work completely, in that it needs to be in place for
27 portage.py before the bashrc script is sourced. Is this no longer a
28 problem?
31 Kevin F. Quinn