From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] overlay support current proposal?
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 11:55:17
1 On Saturday 25 March 2006 12:42, Kevin F. Quinn (Gentoo) wrote:
2 > If you're suggesting CVS as the second VCS (i.e. in addition to SVN)
3 > then I don't see the point - SVN is simply a better CVS and clients
4 > should be available on the alt platforms.
5 No, I was just stating the fact that cvs in itself is cheap wrt dependencies.
6 I try to avoid using it myself if I haven't to.
7
8 > Language issues aside, it makes sense to support a distributed VCS in
9 > addition to SVN, as that would provide a useful alternative.
10 Acknowledged. I find it useful myself, the only problem I see is, as I said,
11 that darcs is not as cheap as cvs or svn, or even as bazaar-ng and mercurial,
12 wrt dependencies.
15 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
16 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE