From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Menu - Bash vs. Python Rule files
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 23:09:25
1 On Wednesday 13 August 2003 17:55, Peter Ruskin wrote:
2 > Can you reassure me that this stuff is going to be optional?
3 >
4 > I run KDE and I have no use for another menu system. This seems to me
5 > to be a bad waste of developer resources.
6 >
7 > Peter
8
9 i wouldnt call it a waste of resources ... theres a large user base that want
10 these kind of features ...
11 although i wish it were otherwise, not everyone lives off a terminal ... some
12 ppl dont even use a terminal after they install :)
13 i would like to put emphasis on the 'optional' part though ... personally i
14 like to nuke the menu folders ;)
15 -mike
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list