From: "Aaron W. Swenson" <titanofold@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] metadata.xml un<herd/>-ization, v2
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 13:52:24
1 On 2014-12-10 10:41, Sergey Popov wrote:
2 > 09.12.2014 14:59, Ulrich Mueller пишет:
3 > > "proxy-maintainer" is very confusing because you won't put the proxy
4 > > maintainer there, but the user who is being proxied. Please rename
5 > > to something like "proxied" (assuming that this exists as a word in
6 > > English) or "by-proxy".
7 >
8 > +1 for that.
9 >
10 > Proxy maintainer is a Gentoo developer, that commits changes, authored
11 > by proxied maintainer, who does not have commit access to main tree
12
13 The Gentoo Dev that's committing the work isn't a maintainer, in
14 relation to the package. S/he is a committer. So...:
15
16 Gentoo Dev doing the commit: Proxy Committer (or just Proxy)
17 Person doing the work: Maintainer-By-Proxy.
18
19 Sure, the dev may do a bit of maintenance or cleanup before committing,
20 but the bulk of the work is done by the maintainer-by-proxy. However, we
21 can clear up a lot of confusion if we just change our terms slightly to
22 more strongly indicate the dev's relationship to a package.
23
24 And, "proxied" is a word, but it does not mean what we need it to mean. We
25 could make it mean what we want it to mean, but I think that's kind of
26 mean. You know what I mean?
29 Mr. Aaron W. Swenson
30 Gentoo Linux Developer
31 PostgreSQL Herd Bull
32 Email : titanofold@g.o
33 GnuPG FP : 2C00 7719 4F85 FB07 A49C 0E31 5713 AA03 D1BB FDA0
34 GnuPG ID : D1BBFDA0