From: Nathan Smith <ndansmith@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenRC available for testing.
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 04:42:27
1 On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 12:41:00 +0000
2 Roy Marples <roy@×××××××.name> wrote:
3
4 > Hi List
5 >
6 > 2008 is here and it's time for some change!
7 >
8 > OpenRC is now ready for testing. There are no ebuilds in the tree, but
9 > some are available here [1] that offers a baselayout-2 shell that
10 > pulls in openrc-9999. I'll just offer a git ebuild for the time
11 > being, so bugs can be fixed fast without having to bump all the time.
12 > But it should be fairly smooth going.
13
14 I am wondering about the blocker on baselayout < 2.0 in your git
15 overlay ebuild for baselayout-2. Is there some reason that the upgrade
16 path from baselayout-1 to -2 will not work for openrc?
19 Nathan Smith
20 ndansmith@×××××.com
21 --
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list