From: Brian Jackson <iggy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Brainstorming how to collaboratively work on kernels
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 00:35:28
1 So one of my big goals for my time as kernel tlp manager is to come up with a
2 way to have more than one person responsible for each Gentoo kernel. It's
3 been to the point in the past where a Gentoo kernel wasn't actively
4 maintained. That shouldn't happen in a project this size. I've finally gotten
5 some more kernel devs coming on board, so now all I have to do is come up
6 with a way to allow them to do their jobs.
7
8 The main problem is I can't come up with a way to handle this well.
9
10 We can't really subject cvs.gentoo.org to the kind of abuse that 5 kernel
11 trees would introduce. Subversion isn't an option (and I'd assume that arch,
12 and others isn't either).
13
14 So, I come to you to help me brainstorm. Any good ideas, let me know.
15
16 --Iggy
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list