From: Alexandre Rostovtsev <tetromino@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Building hardened gcc specs always, just not enabling them by default
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 19:21:32
1 On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Anthony G. Basile <blueness@g.o> wrote:
2 > Where would the hardened profiles fit in this?   This requires some
3 > thought.  Right now "hardened" means three choices: 1) hardened
4 > toolchain, 2) hardened-sources kernel, 3) hardened profile.  Some
5 > packages are masked or added to the profile for the toolchain, some for
6 > the kernel.  We'd have to disentangle those.  I'm not sure how the
7 > details would play out.
8
9 My impression was that for the hardened kernels case, specific USE
10 flags such as "pax_kernel" are supposed to be used instead of the
11 generic "hardened".
12
13 -Alexandre