From: "Haelwenn (lanodan) Monnier" <contact@×××××××××.me>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Create ejabberd project
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 17:46:30
1 [2019-10-28 11:12:49+0100] Hanno Böck:
2 > There are a bunch of dev-erlang/* packages whose primary reason for
3 > packagin is that they're dependencies of ejabberd (and they're becoming
4 > more), most of them currently in maintainer-needed status.
5 >
6 > I'd like to group those together as maintained by an ejabberd project
7 > and a corresponding mail alias. (And hopefully in the long term won't be
8 > the only person being in that Project.)
9 >
10 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Ejabberd
11
12 Wouldn't a Erlang project be better, specially as there is the Perl and
13 Python projects which are there for probably the same reasons?
14
15 Also saying this from a Elixir (language which borrows a lot from Erlang,
16 like it's VM, librairies and fault-tolerance) developer point of view
17 which tried to package pleroma few months ago in my overlay, there is a
18 bunch of shared dependencies and I'm pretty sure there will be more
19 Elixir applications in the wild.