From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Tightening EAPI rules
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 17:09:08
1 On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 16:16:42 +0000
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > From my limited look at the code I've done so far in the small bit
5 > > of repoman work on the Portage team, as detailed in another mail I
6 > > just sent to you on this ML, I wouldn't consider it as a problem
7 > > just now.
8 > >
9 > > We for example have /usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/eapi.py to easily
10 > > deal with it, it's just that such checks would drop in that file and
11 > > across the Portage source code when the versions listed in those
12 > > checks are no longer used. It's currently reasonable to have this
13 > > amount of checks, but imagine it growing to what you would need for
14 > > 10 versions; that'd be a different story, but perhaps it is too
15 > > early to wonder about this now.
16 >
17 > Removing EAPIs doesn't help you: you still need to be able to
18 > uninstall things.
19
20 There aren't much checks left if you only need to cover that.
23 With kind regards,
24
25 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
26 Gentoo Developer
27
28 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
29 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
30 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D