From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] KDE2.2
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:28:15
1 On Thu, Aug 16, 2001 at 04:56:50PM +0200, Achim Gottinger wrote:
2 > Dan Armak wrote:
3 > >
4 > > BTW, please update the new locations of the kde packages - all base packages
5 > > are now in kde-base, etc. I saw you updated quanta in kde-apps earlier,
6 > > please update at the new location as well.
9 > If I understand this correct, all the packages provided by kde as part of
10 > kde2.2 (beside i18n stuff) goes to kde-base. And what happens to all the
11 > other kde apps? Sholde they move to app-misc....?
12
13 They should move to the appropriate non-kde category, like app-office,
14 net-misc, etc. The reason why we are doing this is because kde-apps is going
15 to get big, and people seem to want to find a kde office package in app-office
16 rather than kde-apps. We are also doing this for gnome. The only things that
17 go in the kde-* and gnome-* categories should be base kde and gnome stuff.
18
19 Best Regards,
22 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
23 Chief Architect/President http://www.gentoo.org