From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Python Project <python@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Call for help: python3.5 testing
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2016 17:28:29
1 Hi all,
2
3 I would like to make a push to get python3.5 stable in the next few
4 months. There are a couple things that need to happen first.
5
6 1. Add python3_5 to PYTHON_COMPAT for current ~arch packages. A list
7 of packages that need to be tested and marked compatible with
8 python3.5 is producted daily.
9
10 https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/gpyutils/34-to-35.txt
11
12 2. Stabilize any packages necessary to support python3.5. A list is
13 also produced daily. For this step, I imagine we will create one giant
14 stablereq bug for the sake of arch testing efficiency, but feel free
15 to stabilize them ahead of that.
16
17 https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/gpyutils/34-to-35-stablereq.txt
18
19 If you have some time, please do some testing on packages from the
20 first list. For packages that have a working test phase, don't
21 necessarily expect all tests to pass; just look for regressions from
22 python3.4. For packages that have no test phase, a compile and basic
23 import test (python3.5 -c "import foo") is generally the best we can
24 do.