From: Christel Dahlskjaer <christel@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC - Gentoo Knowledge Base
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 09:20:48
1 On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 19:33 +0200, Sven Vermeulen wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > For some time now, the idea of a Gentoo Knowledge Base, like RedHat [1]
5 > and Microsoft [2] do, has been brewing in Andrés Pereira and my minds. Not
6 > only that, but a feature request was also filed some time ago [3] and just
7 > recently a forum thread was started for it [4].
8 >
9 > So, what is this about?
10 >
11 > A Knowledge Base provides answers to specific questions and problems that
12 > users (or developers) might encounter. It is easily searchable and
13 > maintained by developers who are knowledgeable in the topic. The knowledge
14 > base entries ("topics" as I like to call them) are not documentation guides,
15 > but very specific to a particular environment and question. They should
16 > leave absolutely *no* room for different interpretations.
17
18 I think that sounds excellent and like it certainly could fill some gaps
19 and be useful for users (and developers).
26 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list