From: Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: tommy@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] multilib-build.eclass and restricting unsupported ABIs
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 09:42:53
1 On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 22:39:42 +0100
2 Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o> wrote:
3 > The wrapper is already in a seperate package [1], the currently active
4 > and tested version (1.0) is in bash, also there is a (currently
5 > masked) version 2.0 written by binki in C doing the same natively. So
6 > you even have a choice in what to use. :-)
7
8 Good and not so good: We don't really have a choice, for portability we
9 need a C version otherwise shebangs are broken with older linux kernels
10 and non-linux platforms. ( Do you remember the python-wrapper mess? :) )
11 It'd be nice to have a well tested C version.
12
13 Alexis.