From: Bernd Steinhauser <gentoo@×××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Keyword request interface (SoC candidate?)
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:37:21
1 Santiago M. Mola schrieb:
2 > I splitted this from the SoC thread so the possible discussion doesn't
3 > add noise to the original thread.
4 >
5 > On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 7:32 PM, joshua jackson <tsunam@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 >> Google is once again doing the summer of code for students. I'm helping
8 >> organize it this year and am putting out a call for some elements to help.
9 >>
10 >> 1) We need idea's for things to do. Diego has already submitted some via
11 >> his blog which have been taken into consideration.
14 > A lot of users don't feel comfortable using Bugzilla and often are
15 > lost with our procedures for keyword (both ~ and stable) requests. I
16 > think we could use an easy web interface for requesting specific
17 > keywords for packages in a point-and-click fashion.
18 >
19 > So the user would just pick a package from the list, and check some
20 > boxes with the arch(es) she want to see in ~arch or stable. Then ATs
21 > could go for the ones that met the requirements, and even prioritize
22 > stabilisations depending on the number of users who have requested it.
23 >
24 > I've been talking about it with some users and everyone agrees that
25 > they would like to have such an interface...
26 >
27 > What do you think about? Would it be easy to integrate it with
28 > packages.g.o or should it belong somewhere else? Do you think this is
29 > a suitable project for SoC?
30 >
31 > Regards,
32 > Santiago
35 Maybe you are looking for something similar to the Wine app database?
36 http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=3755
37
38 Of course not the same, but similar.
39 I do think, that something like this could integrate in a very nice way
40 into packages.gentoo.org. The nice thing about that would also be, that
41 you have a nice overview over the packages(versions), that have a keyword.
42
43 Bernd
44 --
45 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list