From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for September
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 13:40:21
1 On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 23:43:54 -0700
2 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3 > [2] http://dev.gentoo.org/~zmedico/portage/eapi/eapi-2-draft.html
4
5 By table 6.11, are you implying that you consider the new pkg_ phase
6 order to be part of EAPI 2?
7
8 Really, Portage needs to revert the order and go back to the way it
9 used to be for all EAPIs. The change breaks lots of existing ebuilds
10 (you claim you've probably fixed everything in ::gentoo, but you don't
11 know that and you've definitely not fixed overlays), including ebuilds
12 using a common documented technique recommended by the devmanual.
13
14 If you want the new pkg_* ordering to go through at all, it really
15 needs a lengthy discussion on its own and it mustn't apply to any
16 action that involves any existing EAPI.
17
18 I'd like the Council to say that for anything involving EAPIs 0, 1 or 2
19 we stick to the pkg_* phase ordering we've used years.
22 Ciaran McCreesh