From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Glibc, non-glibc and external libs
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:50:25
1 On Thursday 16 June 2005 00:02, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > There are other solutions a part the new virtuals?
3 Ok just to summarize.
4
5 a) getopt_long isn't important right now, FreeBSD 5 already takes care of it,
6 if in the future it will be necessary for NetBSD, OpenBSD or DragonFly, it
7 will be another issue.
8
9 b) most of the packages requiring gettext at runtime already requires it at
10 build time atm... the simple thing to do is moving this on runtime on the
11 packages which needs when we'll stumble across it
12
13 c) main problem is libiconv, but this is required just by a few packages
14 (gettext, glib2, bogofilter) the other uses it with gettext; as they doesn't
15 require a specific version, we can also add dev-libs/libiconv to glibc's
16 PROVIDE and just depend on dev-libs/libiconv.
17
18 What about this?
19 --
20 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
21 Gentoo Developer (Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, Gentoo/AMD64)
22
23 http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/