From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] cdrtools license issues
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 16:02:51
1 On Friday 01 September 2006 16:42, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > Actually the GPL specifically states that build scripts are part of the
3 > source code explicitly.
4 And requires you to make it available, but it doesn't strictly require its
5 license terms to be the same. Maybe I'm confused a bit, but for what I can
6 understasnd of the license, he _can_ license them under CDDL... but when we
7 get them together with the source code, GPL still applies; which means CDDL
8 applies only on the makefiles by themselves. I never said it made sense,
9 understand me, but it doesn't actually create a GPL violation, as we still
10 get them as GPL'd software.
13 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
14 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE