From: "Tomáš Chvátal" <scarabeus@g.o>
To: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, fonts@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [RFC] Font eclass EAPI update and design
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 13:30:46
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 Dne 1.2.2010 14:14, Peter Volkov napsal(a):
5 > В Пнд, 01/02/2010 в 11:35 +0100, Tomáš Chvátal пишет:
6 >> As I was reworking the x-modular-r2 eclass I found out that most of the
7 >> slowdowns for fonts were produced in fonts eclass.
8 >
9 > Exactly what slowdowns are you talking about? I've reviewed all changes
10 > and I don't see any noticeable performance improvements anywhere. Or
11 > what do you mean?
12 Well it might be visible if you use some font from overlay and from main
13 tree (overlay use also the x-modular-r2) not sure which changes helped
14 it more :P
15 >
16 >> I would like to ask you to review the changes and spot anything that
17 >> might slipped my sight.
18 >
19 > 1.
20 > -FONT_SUFFIX=${FONT_SUFFIX:-}
21 > +: ${FONT_SUFFIX:=}
22 >
23 > What are the benefits of this change? Personally I prefer first syntax
24 > more since it's more evident and does not need to run empty command :
25 I am just used to this syntax. I dont think it is so huge issue that it
26 would need revert.
27 >
28 > 2.
29 > if has X ${IUSE//+} && use X ; then
30 >
31 > I'm not sure. With this change should we update all packages depending
32 > on font.eclass to have X in IUSE?
33 Nak this specialy allows that you dont have to keep X in iuse.
34 But it does not matter anyway because it is and was always defined by
35 eclass. But with this syntax it allows us to remove that IUSE="X" from
36 eclass global scope at some point.
37 >
38 > 3.
39 > If you dropped
40 >
41 > if has_version '>=media-libs/fontconfig-2.4'; then
42 >
43 > then >=media-libs/fontconfig-2.4 should be in DEPEND.
44 Probably yes, but think when was the 2.3 removed from portage :] (Jul 2007).
45 Dep added.
46 >
47 > 4.
48 > + [[ -n ${DOCS} ]] && { dodoc ${DOCS} || die "docs installation
49 > failed" ; }
50 >
51 > This should be non fatal, until somebody installs all packages that
52 > inherit font.eclass and assures us that nothing broke with this change.
53 >
54 Actualy former behaviour was violating QA rules for dodoc, so it should
55 be fixed anyway.
56