From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] binary packages on ibiblio
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 10:42:01
1 Hi devs,
2
3 I want to inform you that I uploaded a full set of binary packages to
4 ibiblio last night. You can find em to the i686 subdir in the
5 packages/snapshots dir.
6 The latest emerge version contains two new flags for dealing with binary
7 packages. (thanks daniel)
8 If you use the flag --buildpkg emerge will create binary packages from
9 every package it builds.
10 If you use --usepkg emerge will use a binary package if it is available.
11 At the moment emerge does not test if you have changed someting in the
12 USE variable.
13 So here are the setting I used for these binaries.
14
15 USE="gnome bonobo gtk X qt kde motif opengl mmx sse mitshm alsa esd lcms
16 gif sdl lm_sensors lvm pcmcia-cs berkdb gdbm tcpd pam
17 readline gpm slang libwww ssl nls"
18
19 Additionally to these defaults I added "mozilla ldap xml imap".
20
21 CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
22 CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS="-mpentiumpro -march=pentiumpro -O3 -pipe"
23
24 These binaries can be used with the latest sys-i686 snapshot without
25 problems, but make sure you use the same USE flags in the future.
26 The binaries will not run on i486 or i586(k6/2) machines.
27
28 bye achim~