From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild execute permissions: problem with cvs
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:41:54
1 On Tuesday 17 July 2001 23:52, you wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 11:39:28PM +0300, Dan Armak wrote:
3 > > Hi all,
4 > >
5 > > There's a problem (at least on my machine) with some ebuilds. They have
6 > > some or all execute permissions set. Examples are skel.build, all but one
7 > > of the sys-kernel/linux/linux-* ebuilds, and about 50 others.
8 > >
9 > > I tried disabling execute permissions on skel.build. cvs wouldn't
10 > > recognize it as a new revision, so I also removed a dot from the end of a
11 > > sentence in the file. When I commited and re-updated, it was executable
12 > > again.
13 > >
14 > > I don't know what's going on, but I think someone with cvs root access
15 > > should handle this.
16 >
17 > OK, I did some things to the CVS repository and now all ebuilds should
18 > *not* be executable. I didn't want to do it to all files because I'm sure
19 > we have some executable scripts lying around somewhere and I don't want to
20 > mess them up. This problem may have been caused by a permissions mishap
21 > caused my me a couple of months ago.
24 Everything's OK now. Only cvs still doesn't see permission differences as
25 different revisions, so I'll have to delete and re-checkout all ebuilds. But
26 that's a minor point. Thanks!
31 Dan Armak
32 Gentoo Linux Developer
33 Matan, Israel