From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Draft news item: preserve-libs default for portage-2.1.12
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 00:24:15
1 On 06/03/2013 03:32 AM, Tom Wijsman wrote:
2 > On Sun, 02 Jun 2013 17:41:21 -0700
3 > Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > I'll answer to some parts with what I think the user might think; I
6 > know the answer to most of those, but the user might not.
7
8 The news item now includes a link to this wiki page which we can use to
9 answer all of the questions that may arise:
10
11 http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Preserve-libs
12
13 > Besides these questions, the transition from revdep-rebuild to
14 > @preserved-rebuild may be worth a note as well; if I remember correctly
15 > you have to do one last revdep-rebuild when you enable this feature, or
16 > in other words preserve-libs won't detect present inconsistencies. I
17 > feel like this should probably be documented as well, as part of
18 > mentioning that this is intended to replace revdep-rebuild...
19
20 Yeah. The news item now advises the user that it's a good practice to
21 run revdep-rebuild anyway, just to be safe.
22 --
23 Thanks,
24 Zac