From: Theo Chatzimichos <tampakrap@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo Bugday
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 10:17:01
1 On Tuesday 26 of February 2013 22:28:13 Alec Warner wrote:
2 > On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
3 wrote:
4 > > On 27/02/2013 11:39, Pavlos Ratis wrote:
5 > >> Hello everyone,
6 > >>
7 > >> I would like to announce you a new try to 'revive' the Bugday event.
8 > >> As most of the open source projects have their own bugday, I thought
9 > >> it would be great to have this event back. For those who don't know,
10 > >> its a monthly 24h event that takes place in #gentoo-bugs. Its goal is
11 > >> to close as many bugs as possible . You don't have to be a Gentoo
12 > >> expert to participate. Those days are a great way to start joining the
13 > >> Gentoo community, improving Bugzilla's and Wiki's quality and looking
14 > >> for a mentor to begin the recruitment process. The upcoming bugday
15 > >> event is this Saturday and I hope this event will continue in the next
16 > >> months. I have created a wiki page for the event[1] and I added some
17 > >> guidelines. I have also created a related blog post about the
18 > >> event[2].
19 > >>
20 > >> I have listed some maintainer-wanted and maintainer-need bugs and
21 > >> Bugzilla admins also re-enabled the bugday flag. I would like to ask
22 > >> the Gentoo project teams to start using this flag to their bugs that
23 > >> think that are good to start and enable the flag at them. It would be
24 > >> great to a have a really big list with 'good to start' bugs.
25 > >>
26 > >> It's the first time after a long time that this event will take place,
27 > >> so I am looking forward to your participation both users and
28 > >> developers and your feedback.
29 > >>
30 > >> [1] http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Bugday
31 > >> [2] http://blog.dastergon.gr/gentoo-bugday/
32 > >>
33 > >> Thanks,
34 > >> Pavlos
35 > >
36 > > Hi,
37 > >
38 > > Thanks for your work, it will be great to see Bugday happening again.
39 > >
40 > > What about the old bugday webpage[1]? It seems a bit broken at the moment,
41 > > but may be useful to get running again.
42 > > Is the code available somewhere? Who has access to the login in the
43 > > footer?
44 >
45 > antarus@flycatcher /var/svnroot/bugday $ grep svnbugday /etc/group
46 > svnbugday:x:4005:gurligebis
47 >
48 > It is there, but only gurligebis has r/w. We should migrate it to
49 > git.o.g.o if possible (all the secrets should be in a separate
50 > infra-owned repo, basically.)
51 >
52 > I have no idea who has access to login.
53 >
54 > > Best regards,
55 > > Michael
56 > >
57 > > [1] http://bugday.gentoo.org/
58
59 I already sent a tarball with the code to Pavlos, let him decide if he wants
60 to move it to git.overlays.g.o or replace it with something else
61
62 Theo