From: Matthias Schwarzott <zzam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Addition of DVB_CARDS to USE_EXPAND
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 06:04:37
1 On Monday 28 November 2005 22:37, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Mon, 2005-11-28 at 21:53 +0100, Matthias Schwarzott wrote:
3 > > Hi!
4 > >
5 > > If nobody objects I will add DVB_CARDS to USE_EXAPAND on next saturday
6 > > (2005/12/03).
7 > >
8 > > This will be used to decide which firmware-file to download and install
9 > > within the to be created media-tv/linuxtv-dvb-firmware ebuild.
10 >
11 > What will the ebuild do if DVB_CARDS is not set?
12 >
13 > Please make it download/install them all.
14
15 No problem making the default installing all.
16
17 (That means around ~60Mb download for the whole packet which makes it a bit
18 uncomfortable for users. Installed are just the ~2Mb of firmware files. Most
19 firmware files are contained in driver-files which are around 10mb per
20 driver/firmware file (extracted firmware file is only some kb) but must not
21 be extracted and mirrored cause of license.
22 Before being sure I have to check the licenses inside these driver archives.
23 Up to now I have not found a license file inside every archive.)
24
25 Zzam
28 Matthias Schwarzott
29 Gentoo Developer