From: Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] lsh (and liboop) on Gentoo
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 17:05:23
1 On Wednesday 17 September 2003 03:32, Mike Frysinger wrote:
2 > with all this openssh crap thats been happening today, i was wondering if
3 > anyone made ebuilds for lsh (and thus liboop) for Gentoo ... i was looking
4 > at liboop and they use the autotools pretty poorly imho ...
5
6 Well there are ebuilds in bugzilla but carpaski set them to fixed without
7 bothering to add them to the official portage tree as noone seemed to be
8 interested in those ebuilds. Maybe you have better luck this time. Tell us
9 about the bug report here so we can all post, so it gets in this time :)
10
11 > i made a few patches so as to make those aspects optional, but i cant get
12 > the autotools to regenerate the Makefile.in and configure files correctly
13
14 Well if you figure it out, send the patches to the maintainers, they probably
15 just didn't add such things as nobody complained and they don't see a need
16 for that. Was the same with a DESTDIR variable in chrony until I wanted to
17 make an ebuild. Richard was quite pleased with the patch once he saw the need
18 for that.
19
20 Also if you read the man pages or some other sources and see the "*this stuff
21 is insecure*" notices, they are all from 98 or 99. Nothing like that for the
22 newer releases (well the man pages still contain it but they were not updated
23 since 99) although I of course don't have the expertise to check myself if
24 lsh is secure. But you might find it interesting that some people from the
25 de.alt.sysadmin.recovery newsgroup will probably review the lsh codebase to
26 their best knowledge. Naturally they want to get rid of openssh now :)
29 Alex
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list