From: Jonathan Smith <smithj@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] last rites: multiple packages
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2006 18:55:49
1 Carsten Lohrke wrote:
2 > As soon as KDE 3.5 goes stable - no date yet - I'd like to bury
3 >
4 > x11-misc/karamba (if desktop-misc herd agrees)
5 > x11-misc/superkaramba
6 >
7 > as well as
8 >
9 > x11-plugins/karamba-* - unmaintained for years
10 >
11 > Reasoning is that the Superkaramba that comes with KDE 3.5 is a rewrite,
12 > enabling the user to directly download the karamba plugins he wants, while
13 > the packages are not maintained within Gentoo and the other Karamba versions
14 > are not maintained upstream anymore.
17 desktop-misc says "go for it" when kde 3.5 goes stable. I'll be glad to
18 see them go :-)
19
20 -smithj
21 --