From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] 2009.0 profiles
Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 08:57:47
1 We've been living with the 2008.0 profiles for a while now. I think the
2 time has come for 2009.0 profiles so we can have some updates. Also,
3 there are plans for an anniversary release of our LiveCD, so I think the
4 time is right to start working on a new set of profiles.
5
6 One reason I bring this up is that the Qt team would like to see the qt3
7 useflag dropped from desktop profiles, and I'm sure others have some
8 suggestions as well.
9
10 Traditionally, the release team has taken care of this, as the profiles
11 were tied to releases of install media and stage3 archives. Now that we
12 have the autobuilds, this relationship isn't as self-evident anymore,
13 which is why I address the wider dev community.
14
15 Please share your ideas on this.
16
17 Cheers,