From: Joshua Brindle <method@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] addwrite abuse
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 07:05:36
1 I grepped through portage today and it appears that there are a large
2 number of ebuilds that abuse addwrite in bad (potentially dangerous) ways.
3
4 I'll spare the list at this time and ask that anyone maintaining such an
5 ebuild *please* try to fix it (patch, bug upstream, etc) so that it
6 isn't required. This is both for the safety of gentoo users and for
7 security.
8
9 Pebenito has also started work on an SELinux based sandbox (does the
10 same thing as sandbox, just limits it using SELinux domains for SELinux
11 users). Since it wouldn't have the ability to do these arbitrary rule
12 additions all these ebuilds would fail.
13
14 Thanks
15
16 Joshua Brindle