From: Marty Plummer <netz.kernel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] media-libs/libsfml: preferred way of preventing RDEPs on certain platforms
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2017 04:38:41
1 Greetings.
2
3 As you folks may be aware I've been submitting patches here and there
4 for the ebuild repo to improve crossdev for mingw-w64 toolchains. Its
5 slow going and will take a while to cover all the edge cases this use
6 introduces, but every step is a good one.
7
8 My current package I'm working on is media-libs/libsfml, but the
9 questions here could equally apply to any package that makes sense to
10 have for a windows cross-compiler. In this case, its the virtual/libudev
11 and x11-libs/* RDEPs. While the latter may be useful in certain cases
12 (such as running a local x11 server on cygwin), the udev dep is largely
13 unneeded to my understanding. I've so far added an X use flag for those,
14 but I'm wondering if slapping a udev use flag is the best/correct option
15 in this case. wraeth has suggested a use conditional on kernel_Winnt,
16 what do you guys think?
17
18 Regards,
19 Marty.