From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Toolchain: new herd for maintaing toolchain related packages
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 06:20:32
1 today we have a new herd/bugzilla group to help out with maintaining just the
2 toolchain packages. these cover (for the most part) gcc, glibc, and
3 binutils.
4
5 previously, gcc-porting/base-system/azarah handled these types of issues, but
6 they were getting overloaded with their respective purposes.
7
8 so the setup now is:
9 gcc-porting: help out with porting packages when new gcc's break old semantics
10 base-system: base-system related packages ;)
11 azarah: he's the man, but he is just one man
12 toolchain: maintain gcc/glibc/binutils (and possibly more in the future)
13
14 developers: if you're intrested in helping out, then you can add yourself to
15 these lists the same way as always ...
16 edit /var/mail/alias/misc/{gcc-porting,base-system,toolchain} on our dev
17 server
18 -mike
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list