From: Drake Wyrm <wyrm@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Naming scheme confusion
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 13:32:28
1 Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o> wrote:
2 > I guess I could go with a simple -rX bump, but that wouldn't really
3 > reflect what the ebuild is - and I'd hate to have to add either a live
4 > CVS ebuild or a brand new net-wireless/orinoco-usb ebuild, since that
5 > would duplicate functionality, add unnecessary blocking etc.
6
7 You're probably going to need to do a -rX bump, but you can do it in a
8 way that more closely approximates the intent of the -rX system. Rather
9 than doing a live CVS checkout, use `cvs diff` to create a patchset.
10 Bumps of the -rX nature are often used to indicate patchlevel
11 increments. The patches could be tossed in the files/ directory or on
12 the Gentoo mirrors if it turns out to be very large.
13
14 Hope some of that was useful.
17 Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
18 Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.
19 --Ghost in the Shell