From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: New global USE flag: introspection
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 09:08:37
1 Paweł Hajdan, Jr. posted on Mon, 21 Jun 2010 09:04:03 +0200 as excerpted:
2
3 > On 6/21/10 8:53 AM, Arun Raghavan wrote:
4 >> On 21 June 2010 11:43, Alexis Ballier <aballier@g.o> wrote:
5
6 >>>> introspection: Add gobject-introspection support, allowing for the
7 >>>> dynamic generation of bindings for various languages
8
9 >>> gobject-introspection ?
10
11 >> exceedingly verbose
12
13 > "introspection" is similarly too general.
14
15 gobj-bindings ?
16
17 Bindings is a common enough term in use flag descriptions, etc, that users
18 should at least have an idea what it means. Introspection? Not so much.
19
20 Or perhaps dyn-bindings ? As a kde user without gnome merged, however,
21 I'd prefer gobj-bindings, tho, as it's a better memory prompt to what it's
22 related to, and that I'll likely want it off. It should work similarly
23 for gnome users who'll likely want it on.
28 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman