From: Gordon Pettey <petteyg359@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: sys-devel/gcc::mgorny up for testing
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 00:05:10
1 On Sun, Dec 7, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Kristian Fiskers
4 > By all means, thanks for informing about an alternative, but I
5 > personally believe that it is important for the overall distribution
6 > to keep a wider perspective than personal non-free use (even if this
7 > is a developers primary focus as reason for contribution), otherwise
8 > we'll hit a wall quickly enough.
9 >
10 > In this specific case I at least use pdftk for some batch jobs on
11 > business-related servers and a non-commercial license would not be
12 > viable.
15 pdfTK is also GPLv2, (effectively GPLv3 since iText is /A/GPLv/3/?
16 Effectively AGPLv3 when in a public-facing service?) unless you're paying
17 for it. I doubt m-click would refuse to consider alternative paid licensing
18 if they were asked.