From: Caleb Tennis <caleb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild documentation, needs updates?
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 17:44:01
1 I was working through a bug report when I noticed someone recommended using the syntax:
2
3 DEPEND="category/app-ver:SLOT"
4
5 In order to lock to a certain slotted version. I hadn't seen this before, and tried
6 to find out more information about it but I can't find either in the ebuild 5 man or
7 the online documentation about this feature. I'm curious if I'm just really behind
8 in this or if it's an undocumented feature (or it's documented somewhere I haven't
9 seen). And as such, it makes me wonder how many more of these *features* there are
10 that aren't disclosed anywhere.
11
12 Do we need to have someone update the docs to reflect all of the new (new being a
13 quite relative word here) features of portage?
14
15 Caleb
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list