From: Caleb Tennis <caleb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Ebuild documentation, needs updates?
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 17:44:01
I was working through a bug report when I noticed someone recommended using the syntax:

DEPEND="category/app-ver:SLOT"

In order to lock to a certain slotted version.  I hadn't seen this before, and tried
to find out more information about it but I can't find either in the ebuild 5 man or
the online documentation about this feature.  I'm curious if I'm just really behind
in this or if it's an undocumented feature (or it's documented somewhere I haven't
seen).  And as such, it makes me wonder how many more of these *features* there are
that aren't disclosed anywhere.

Do we need to have someone update the docs to reflect all of the new (new being a
quite relative word here) features of portage?

Caleb