From: "Tomáš Chvátal" <scarabeus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, pr@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: KDE3 deprecation news item. [ the GLEP 42 based variant ]
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 21:10:15
1 Duncan wrote:
2 ... lots of the text trimmed ...
3 > Title: KDE3 will be masked and removed from portage
4 >
5 > [other headers unchanged, omit the radio on line]
6 >
7 > After multiple setbacks we have finally managed to stabilise KDE4 on
8 > both major desktop architectures (amd64 and x86), with other teams to
9 > follow.
10 >
11 > For this and other reasons as discussed at [1], those of you who still
12 > use KDE3 should be considering an upgrade in the near future.
13 >
14 > Effective immediately, KDE3 support is being dropped. This means that
15 > KDE3 ebuilds that clash with KDE4 or are broken are being removed.
16 >
17 > Unbroken KDE3 packages will be moved to a special overlay named kde3.
18 > This can be found in layman. Note that this overlay is going to be user
19 > maintained and WILL NOT BE DEVELOPER REVIEWED. [2]
20 >
21 > [rusty/apology and refs as-is]
22 >
23 > -------
24 > ,
25 ... some text trimmed ...
26
27 Duncan thanks for hints and updates. I incorporated them and hopefully now the
28 news item is really nice :]
29
30 I also updated accordingly the gnk3.xml to match it :]
31
32 Cheers
33
34 Tomas
35
36 PS: i often complain that it is hell to chew through your mails because they
37 are so damn long, but this time it was definitely worth the time :] Seriously
38 thanks for help.

gnk3-glep42.txt text/plain
gnk3.xml application/xml