From: "Tomáš Chvátal" <scarabeus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, pr@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: KDE3 deprecation news item. [ the GLEP 42 based variant ]
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 21:10:15
Duncan wrote:
... lots of the text trimmed ...
> Title: KDE3 will be masked and removed from portage > > [other headers unchanged, omit the radio on line] > > After multiple setbacks we have finally managed to stabilise KDE4 on > both major desktop architectures (amd64 and x86), with other teams to > follow. > > For this and other reasons as discussed at [1], those of you who still > use KDE3 should be considering an upgrade in the near future. > > Effective immediately, KDE3 support is being dropped. This means that > KDE3 ebuilds that clash with KDE4 or are broken are being removed. > > Unbroken KDE3 packages will be moved to a special overlay named kde3. > This can be found in layman. Note that this overlay is going to be user > maintained and WILL NOT BE DEVELOPER REVIEWED. [2] > > [rusty/apology and refs as-is] > > ------- > ,
... some text trimmed ... Duncan thanks for hints and updates. I incorporated them and hopefully now the news item is really nice :] I also updated accordingly the gnk3.xml to match it :] Cheers Tomas PS: i often complain that it is hell to chew through your mails because they are so damn long, but this time it was definitely worth the time :] Seriously thanks for help.

gnk3-glep42.txt text/plain
gnk3.xml application/xml