From: Donny Davies <woodchip@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] apache eclass
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 16:56:00
1 >> I agree with this solution. It also allows running different versions of web
2 >> apps next to eachother. It also allows one to be able to put them in the tree
3 >> where desired. Those locations should also include the package version.
4 >
5 >Good idea. I didn't think of that.
6 >
7 >I've often modified web-application in-place for various reasons, so
8 >that would work well. So install them, with SLOT="${PV}-${PR}" (I don't
9 >know if there is a shortcut for that).
10
11 $PVR will give you that.
12
13 >Any suggestions on where the location should be?
14 >/usr/share/www/* is my suggestion.
15
16 I'm not aware of anything that conflicts with that.
17
18 Donny.
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list