From: Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] LibreSSL, introduce virtual/openssl
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 10:43:38
1 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > I personally find it annoying when people fork projects, decide not to
3 > maintain ABI compatibility with the original project, and then keep
4 > filenames the same/etc such that the packages collide in their
5 > recommended configurations.
6
7 Some people do it on purpose, with the outspoken goal of doing
8 maximum harm to the original project and lock users into the fork.
11 > projects should quickly decide whether they intend to remain
12 > compatible or not (I get that there are valid reasons for either
13 > depending on the circumstances), and if the latter change their
14 > filenames/etc.
15
16 There are no unicorns on the internet. :\
19 //Peter