From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Herds, take your marks...get set...take stuff!
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 22:05:25
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 061201 Alec Warner wrote:
3 >> If you look at
4 >> http://spaceparanoids.org/gentoo/gpnl/qa.php?q=no-herd-maintainer
5 >> you will see a list of packages with NO maintainer and NO herd.
6 >> For users, if you see something you use,
7 >> you may become a proxy-maintainer for it.
8 >
9 > A quick run thro' the pkgs listed reveals 5 which seem important :
10 >
11 > gle -- for Xscreensaver
12 > libwmf -- for Imagemagick
13 > libidn -- for Mutt Curl Kdelibs
14 > openmotif + motif-config -- for Gvim
15 >
16 > There are 6 more which are surely useful, 3 installed here :
17 >
18 > e3 -- excellent tiny editor (installed)
19 > ckermit -- powerful tool for accessing remote machines
20 > (I have it installed in /usr/local ,
21 > not having realised there was a Gentoo pkg)
22 > sc -- spreadsheet in a terminal, ie it doesn't need X (IIRC)
23 > nedit -- powerful pgmers' editor popular in some places
24 > yudit -- Unicode editor (installed)
25 > expect -- useful tool for automating interactive tasks
26 >
27 > Perhaps you should tell users briefly what proxy-maintenance involves.
30 I'd like to nail the details down on this more with my team, but in my
31 mind I'd like to do it more (as stuff is getting cleaned without an
32 attempt at fixing it in some cases). Obviously there is user interest
33 which was one of the goals of sending this mail ;)
34
35 > PS another thread mentioned Cgoban : this is very useful for Go players.
39 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list