From: Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [news-item] Paludis 0.24
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 14:20:30
1 Ciaran McCreesh napsal(a):
2 > On Sat, 05 May 2007 15:48:28 +0200
3 > Jakub Moc <jakub@g.o> wrote:
4 >> OK, I'm afraid that GLEP42 is missing the part that critical news
5 >> reporting does not replace documentation. You seriously intend to use
6 >> this feature for such stuff and force everyone to download this via
7 >> rsync?
8 >
9 > You seriously intend to use elog across lots of ebuilds rather than a
10 > single news item?
11
12 Yeah, I seriously think package documentation belongs to tarballs and
13 gets installed to /usr/share/docs/${PF} - not to gentoo-x86 repository
14 where you are forcing every single user to download such stuff via rsync
15 and have it sitting on their disk even if they don't use the package at
16 all.
17
18 And if you need a pointer to new features, a simple 'elog "Read the
19 NEWS/Changelog in /usr/share/doc/${PF}" or a link to a website is
20 definitely more appropriate that abusing critical news for howtos and
21 new features announcement.
25 Best regards,
26
27 Jakub Moc
28 mailto:jakub@g.o
29 GPG signature:
30 http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
31 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E
32
33 ... still no signature ;)