From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla Bug 79337 make repoman complain if DEPEND and RDEPEND are not set.
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 15:32:41
1 On Thursday 02 June 2005 00:21, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
2 > maillog: 01/06/2005-23:25:00(+0900): Jason Stubbs types
3 >
4 > >...
5 > > Perhaps, further down the track we'd be able to work out something with
6 > > the build farm thingy; check for linkage and warn if things specified in
7 > > RDEPEND aren't linked against and build up a whitelist from it... Perhaps
8 > > repoman will become smart enough to detect exactly which RDEPENDs are
9 > > being defaulted to what and where and then provide a warning and a
10 > > resolution...
11 >
12 > I don't get it. Linking is not the only reason for a package to RDEPEND
13 > on another one.
14 >
15 > Or were you talking about something completely different?
16
17 Nope. That's why I mentioned a whitelist.
18
19 Regards,
20 Jason Stubbs