From: Daniel Black <dragonheart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] test request - gnutls-1.4.1 and libtasn1-0.3.5
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 23:27:32
1 On Thursday 03 August 2006 15:42, Daniel Black wrote:
2 > I've added new versions of these libs to gentoo. They are currently in
3 > package.mask because I've missed a few bumps versions in between and there
4 > is an ABI change. Some old deprecated functions have been removed.
5 >
6 > So far these have been working for me fine however I'd appreciate your
7 > assistance in further testing these before I unmask them.
8 >
9 > To participate please:
10 > 1. add
11 > ~net-libs/gnutls-1.4.1
12 > ~dev-libs/libtasn1-0.3.4
13 ~dev-libs/libtasn1-0.3.5
14
15 > to /etc/portage/package.unmask and /etc/portage/package.keywords files.
16 >
17 > 2. run revdep-rebuild
18 >
19 > 3. and report bugs on bugs.gentoo.org
20
21 Can you also report the success by emailing me the revdep-rebuild line of
22 packages that worked.
25 > Appreciate your assistance in this manner.
26 UPDATE:
27
28 I just added libtasn1-0.3.5 that fixes 64 bit arch problems. From ChangeLog
29
30 Version 0.3.5 (released 2006-06-27)
31 - Fix asn1_octet_der to handle writes of zero-length buffers, before
32 it did not write the ASN.1 length for a zero-length buffer. This caused
33 ASN.1 encodings to be incorrect on 64-bit platforms.
34 - Add self test that attempt to trigger the above bug.
35 - Fix test of -Wno-pointer-sign.
36 - Improve cross-compilation to MinGW by using AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL.
37
38 http://cvs.gnupg.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/libtasn1/NEWS?rev=HEAD&cvsroot=GNU+TLS+Library&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
41 Daniel Black <dragonheart@g.o>
42 Gentoo Crypto/dev-embedded/Forensics/NetMon