From: "Tod M. Neidt" <tneidt@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] portage functionality
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:53:34
1 On Fri, 2002-01-11 at 15:32, Jared H. Hudson wrote:
2 > Is there any way to determine what package file X belongs to?
3 > For example, under rpm's you can type rpm -qf <path to file>/file and it
4 > will report what package it belongs to.
5
6 grep <file> /var/db/pkg/*/*/CONTENTS
7
8 Also what about listing all
9 > files that belong to a package, for example rpm -ql <package name>
10
11 cat /var/db/pkg/<portage-category>/<package>/CONTENTS
12
13 > If this support is not built in, is there plans to include these
14 > functions, and if so is anyone working on it? I'd be happy to start
15 > programming this functionality into emerge or ebuild, if someone guides
16 > me how they would like it to work, assuming thought to this has been
17 > given.
18
19 Portage is gradually becoming more convenient with time, and features
20 like these will probably be implemented in the future.
21
22 In the meantime, you might try this script by Vitaly Kushnerick
23
24 http://lists.gentoo.org/pipermail/gentoo-dev/2002-January/008991.html
25
26 Also, check out pkgsearch found in /usr/lib/portage/bin
27
28 Hope that helps,
29
30 tod