From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Changes made by acct-* ebuilds
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2020 06:49:37
1 On Sat, 2020-02-15 at 22:35 -0800, Christopher Head wrote:
2 > On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 08:09:13 -0800
3 > Christopher Head <chead@×××××.ca> wrote:
4 >
5 > > On Wed, 12 Feb 2020 19:14:45 +0100
6 > > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
7 > >
8 > > > I'm pretty sure user.eclass does print whatever changes it is doing.
9 > > > It isn't elog-ged though, I admit. This is probably worth fixing.
10 >
11 > So, I didn’t intend to provoke a massive debate here—personally I
12 > somewhat prefer users being modified by new versions of the user
13 > ebuilds so that I get security fixes as time goes by to fix e.g. users
14 > being in groups they shouldn’t be, but it’s not a huge deal to me.
15 >
16 > elogging when the eclass makes changes, though: Michał, do you want me
17 > to file a bug at bugs.gentoo.org for that? Or is it trivial enough you
18 > prefer to just do it straight away and not bother?
19
20 I've already sent a patch and it's got no replies, so I guess I'll just
21 push it today.
24 Best regards,
25 Michał Górny