From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Joakim Tjernlund <Joakim.Tjernlund@××××××××.com>
Cc: "gentoo-dev@l.g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] LLVM News item
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2016 18:11:57
1 On Tue, 25 Oct 2016 17:32:22 +0000
2 Joakim Tjernlund <Joakim.Tjernlund@××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Noticed todays 2016-10-25-llvm_3_9_with_llvm_targets news item and read:
5 > ..
6 > In order to enable all targets, add the following to your
7 > /etc/portage/package.use or equivalent file:
8 >
9 >   sys-devel/llvm LLVM_TARGETS: *
10 >   sys-devel/clang LLVM_TARGETS: *
11 > ...
12 >
13 > I would like to control such variables(LLVM_TARGETS) through the profile as
14 > well but it seems not supported?
15
16 Why not? We're already setting the defaults in profiles, and you can do
17 whatever you want in your own profile. The news item is focused on
18 regular users, so it covers the usual configuration files rather than
19 creating custom profiles.
22 Best regards,
23 Michał Górny
24 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>