From: Thomas Beaudry <tmbeaudry@×××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Automatic menus?
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 22:11:57
1 Why??
2 Because it's a nice convienence. And as you noted,
3 you can turn it off if you don't like it.
4
5 I get tired of people objecting against features that
6 go against their view when they don't have to use it.
7 Too many people think the Gentoo (or any of the other
8 distros) should be the way they want it and no other
9 way. If they don't want/use a feature, it's a waste
10 to put it in. Never mind what anybody else might like.
11
12 >From: Peter Ruskin <aoyu93@×××××××××.com>
13 >To: gentoo-dev@g.o
14 >Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Automatic menus?
15 >Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 23:46:43 +0100
16 >
17 >Why??
18 >Whenever I install Mandrake the first thing I do is disable its menu
19 >system. It's ugly and IMHO unnecessary. KDE has a pretty good menu
20 >system of its own as has gnome.